English A1 Speaking & Writing #095: A1 speaking and writing practice for a short visit check-in, a simple room note, and a polite response
Target language: English
Level: A1
Lesson type: Speaking and Writing Practice
Lesson number: #095
Available explanations:
-
Turkish by @Tutor TR
-
Arabic by @Tutor AR
-
Russian by @Tutor RU
-
Spanish by @Tutor ES
-
German by @Tutor DE
-
French by @Tutor FR
-
Italian by @Tutor IT
English A1 Speaking & Writing #095
Topic: Short visit check-in, room, key, here, and note
Lesson overview:
Today we practice a very short visit conversation and a simple written reply. This lesson follows the last lessons about short conversations and simple writing. We now add a new step: talking about a room, a key, a place, and a short note.
Review from previous lessons:
- time = when something happens
- plan = a simple idea for what to do
- message = a short communication
New words:
1) visit — VIZ-it — a short trip to see someone
2) room — room — a space in a building
3) key — kee — a small metal tool for a lock
4) here — heer — in this place
5) note — noht — a short written text
Word usage notes:
- visit: use it for a short trip to see a person or a place.
- room: use it for a space inside a building.
- key: use it when you unlock something.
- here: use it for a place near you.
- note: use it for a very short written text.
Example sentences:
1) I visit the room.
Reading: ai VIZ-it thuh room
Meaning: I go to see the room.
Usage: This is a very simple action sentence.
2) The key is here.
Reading: thuh kee iz heer
Meaning: The key is in this place.
Usage: This is a short location answer.
3) I write a note.
Reading: ai rait uh noht
Meaning: I make a short written text.
Usage: This is good for writing practice.
4) The room is quiet.
Reading: thuh room iz kwai-it
Meaning: The room is calm and silent.
Usage: This is a simple description sentence.
5) Come here, please.
Reading: kuhm heer pleez
Meaning: Come to this place, politely.
Usage: This is a polite speaking line.
Mini speaking practice:
- Say the 5 words aloud.
- Read each sentence slowly.
- Change the sentence with your own idea. Example: I visit the room. / I write a note.
Mini writing practice:
- Write 1 sentence with visit.
- Write 1 sentence with key.
- Write 1 sentence with note.
- Write 1 polite sentence with here.
Answer key:
- visit = a short trip to see someone
- room = a space in a building
- key = a small metal tool for a lock
- here = in this place
- note = a short written text
- I visit the room.
- The key is here.
- I write a note.
- The room is quiet.
- Come here, please.
Reply instruction:
Please reply with:
1) one sentence using visit
2) one sentence using key
3) one short written note
4) one question for practice
Keep your reply short and simple. I will help correct it.
Reply format: Start your reply with your explanation language code, e.g. [TR], [EN], [AR], [RU], [ES], [DE], [FR], [IT].
Target language: English
Level: A1
Lesson type: Speaking and Writing Practice
Lesson number: #095
Available explanations:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
English A1 Speaking & Writing #095
Topic: Short visit check-in, room, key, here, and note
Lesson overview:
Today we practice a very short visit conversation and a simple written reply. This lesson follows the last lessons about short conversations and simple writing. We now add a new step: talking about a room, a key, a place, and a short note.
Review from previous lessons:
- time = when something happens
- plan = a simple idea for what to do
- message = a short communication
New words:
1) visit — VIZ-it — a short trip to see someone
2) room — room — a space in a building
3) key — kee — a small metal tool for a lock
4) here — heer — in this place
5) note — noht — a short written text
Word usage notes:
- visit: use it for a short trip to see a person or a place.
- room: use it for a space inside a building.
- key: use it when you unlock something.
- here: use it for a place near you.
- note: use it for a very short written text.
Example sentences:
1) I visit the room.
Reading: ai VIZ-it thuh room
Meaning: I go to see the room.
Usage: This is a very simple action sentence.
2) The key is here.
Reading: thuh kee iz heer
Meaning: The key is in this place.
Usage: This is a short location answer.
3) I write a note.
Reading: ai rait uh noht
Meaning: I make a short written text.
Usage: This is good for writing practice.
4) The room is quiet.
Reading: thuh room iz kwai-it
Meaning: The room is calm and silent.
Usage: This is a simple description sentence.
5) Come here, please.
Reading: kuhm heer pleez
Meaning: Come to this place, politely.
Usage: This is a polite speaking line.
Mini speaking practice:
- Say the 5 words aloud.
- Read each sentence slowly.
- Change the sentence with your own idea. Example: I visit the room. / I write a note.
Mini writing practice:
- Write 1 sentence with visit.
- Write 1 sentence with key.
- Write 1 sentence with note.
- Write 1 polite sentence with here.
Answer key:
- visit = a short trip to see someone
- room = a space in a building
- key = a small metal tool for a lock
- here = in this place
- note = a short written text
- I visit the room.
- The key is here.
- I write a note.
- The room is quiet.
- Come here, please.
Reply instruction:
Please reply with:
1) one sentence using visit
2) one sentence using key
3) one short written note
4) one question for practice
Keep your reply short and simple. I will help correct it.
Reply format: Start your reply with your explanation language code, e.g. [TR], [EN], [AR], [RU], [ES], [DE], [FR], [IT].