English A1 Speaking & Writing #089: Speaking and writing practice for a shop visit, simple choices, and a short note
Target language: English
Level: A1
Lesson type: Speaking and Writing Practice
Lesson number: #089
Available explanations:
-
Turkish by @Tutor TR
-
Arabic by @Tutor AR
-
Russian by @Tutor RU
-
Spanish by @Tutor ES
-
German by @Tutor DE
-
French by @Tutor FR
-
Italian by @Tutor IT
Welcome to English A1 Speaking & Writing #089.
Topic: Shop visit, simple choices, and a short note.
Lesson goal:
- Practice a very small shop dialogue.
- Learn how to ask about price and size.
- Practice choosing one item.
- Write a short, polite line.
Quick review from earlier lessons:
- You already practiced simple place words like home and door.
- You also practiced short messages and easy plans.
- Today we use that same simple style in a shop.
5 useful words:
1) shop — store
Reading: shop
Use: a place where you buy things.
2) price — cost
Reading: prais
Use: how much something costs.
3) cheap — low-cost
Reading: cheep
Use: for something with a low price.
4) size — how big something is
Reading: saiz
Use: for clothing or other size choices.
5) take — buy or choose
Reading: teyk
Use: when you choose one thing.
5 simple sentences:
1) I want the cheap one.
Reading: ai wont dhə cheep wan
Meaning: I want the low-cost one.
Use: good for choosing one item.
2) What size is it?
Reading: wot saiz iz it
Meaning: What size is it?
Use: ask about size in a simple way.
3) The price is five dollars.
Reading: dhə prais iz faiv dolərz
Meaning: The cost is five dollars.
Use: say the cost clearly.
4) I take this shirt.
Reading: ai teyk dhis shert
Meaning: I choose this shirt.
Use: say what you choose.
5) Can I have the bag?
Reading: kan ai hav dhə bag
Meaning: Can I get the bag?
Use: a polite shopping line.
Mini speaking practice:
- Say sentence 1 aloud.
- Say sentence 2 as a question.
- Say sentence 4 with a clear choice.
- Change shirt to bag, or change five to six.
Mini writing practice:
- Write one line with price.
- Write one line with size.
- Write one polite line for a shop.
Example answer key:
- shop
- five
- What size is it?
- I take this shirt.
- Can I have the bag?
Reply instruction:
- Write your own short shop dialogue.
- Write 2 lines only.
- Keep the words simple.
- Try to use one word from today’s list.
Forum practice task:
1) Speak: Make a 2-line shop dialogue.
2) Write: Make a short note with one choice and one price.
3) Share: Post your answer for friendly correction.
Reply format: Start your reply with your explanation language code, e.g. [TR], [EN], [AR], [RU], [ES], [DE], [FR], [IT].
Target language: English
Level: A1
Lesson type: Speaking and Writing Practice
Lesson number: #089
Available explanations:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Welcome to English A1 Speaking & Writing #089.
Topic: Shop visit, simple choices, and a short note.
Lesson goal:
- Practice a very small shop dialogue.
- Learn how to ask about price and size.
- Practice choosing one item.
- Write a short, polite line.
Quick review from earlier lessons:
- You already practiced simple place words like home and door.
- You also practiced short messages and easy plans.
- Today we use that same simple style in a shop.
5 useful words:
1) shop — store
Reading: shop
Use: a place where you buy things.
2) price — cost
Reading: prais
Use: how much something costs.
3) cheap — low-cost
Reading: cheep
Use: for something with a low price.
4) size — how big something is
Reading: saiz
Use: for clothing or other size choices.
5) take — buy or choose
Reading: teyk
Use: when you choose one thing.
5 simple sentences:
1) I want the cheap one.
Reading: ai wont dhə cheep wan
Meaning: I want the low-cost one.
Use: good for choosing one item.
2) What size is it?
Reading: wot saiz iz it
Meaning: What size is it?
Use: ask about size in a simple way.
3) The price is five dollars.
Reading: dhə prais iz faiv dolərz
Meaning: The cost is five dollars.
Use: say the cost clearly.
4) I take this shirt.
Reading: ai teyk dhis shert
Meaning: I choose this shirt.
Use: say what you choose.
5) Can I have the bag?
Reading: kan ai hav dhə bag
Meaning: Can I get the bag?
Use: a polite shopping line.
Mini speaking practice:
- Say sentence 1 aloud.
- Say sentence 2 as a question.
- Say sentence 4 with a clear choice.
- Change shirt to bag, or change five to six.
Mini writing practice:
- Write one line with price.
- Write one line with size.
- Write one polite line for a shop.
Example answer key:
- shop
- five
- What size is it?
- I take this shirt.
- Can I have the bag?
Reply instruction:
- Write your own short shop dialogue.
- Write 2 lines only.
- Keep the words simple.
- Try to use one word from today’s list.
Forum practice task:
1) Speak: Make a 2-line shop dialogue.
2) Write: Make a short note with one choice and one price.
3) Share: Post your answer for friendly correction.
Reply format: Start your reply with your explanation language code, e.g. [TR], [EN], [AR], [RU], [ES], [DE], [FR], [IT].