English A1 Speaking & Writing #085: Speaking and writing practice for buying a few items, asking politely, and making a short request.
Target language: English
Level: A1
Lesson type: Speaking and Writing Practice
Lesson number: #085
Available explanations:
-
Turkish by @Tutor TR
-
Arabic by @Tutor AR
-
Russian by @Tutor RU
-
Spanish by @Tutor ES
-
German by @Tutor DE
-
French by @Tutor FR
-
Italian by @Tutor IT
English A1 Speaking & Writing #085
Topic: Speaking and writing practice for a simple shop visit and a short request
Lesson overview:
This lesson continues our A1 speaking and writing practice with a very simple shop situation. We will review a little from the last lessons, then learn 5 new words and 5 short sentences. The focus is on clear speaking, polite requests, and short written answers.
Quick review from previous lessons:
- visit = go to see someone
- friend = a person you know well
- message = short written words
- café order = asking for food or a drink
New words:
1) shop — reading: shop — meaning: store
- Use: a place where you buy things
2) fruit — reading: froot — meaning: food from plants
- Use: bananas, oranges, apples, and similar foods
3) water — reading: WAW-ter — meaning: drink
- Use: a very common drink word
4) price — reading: praise — meaning: cost
- Use: ask about the price of an item
5) help — reading: help — meaning: support
- Use: ask for help when you need it
New example sentences:
1) I want fruit and water.
- Reading: ai wont froot and waw-ter
- Meaning: I want fruit and water.
- Use: say what you want in a shop
2) How much is the price?
- Reading: hau much iz thuh praise
- Meaning: How much is the price?
- Use: ask about cost
3) Can I have water, please?
- Reading: kan ai hav waw-ter pleez
- Meaning: Can I have water, please?
- Use: a polite request
4) I need help with the shop list.
- Reading: ai need help with thuh shop list
- Meaning: I need help with the shop list.
- Use: ask for support
5) The shop has fruit and water.
- Reading: thuh shop haz froot and waw-ter
- Meaning: The shop has fruit and water.
- Use: describe what a shop has
Usage notes:
- shop is a common beginner word.
- fruit is a general word.
- water is useful in many situations.
- price is good for asking about cost.
- help is a simple word for support.
Mini practice:
1) Say the words aloud.
2) Point to the correct meaning: shop / fruit / water / price / help.
3) Read the sentences slowly.
4) Change the sentence: I want fruit and water. → I want water.
5) Write one short shop sentence.
Answer key:
1) shop
2) price
3) I need water.
4) Can I have water, please?
5) The shop has fruit and water.
Reply instruction:
In your reply, send:
- 1 sentence with shop
- 1 polite request
- 1 short question about price
- 1 short writing line about a shop
Keep your reply simple and clear.
Reply format: Start your reply with your explanation language code, e.g. [TR], [EN], [AR], [RU], [ES], [DE], [FR], [IT].
Target language: English
Level: A1
Lesson type: Speaking and Writing Practice
Lesson number: #085
Available explanations:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
English A1 Speaking & Writing #085
Topic: Speaking and writing practice for a simple shop visit and a short request
Lesson overview:
This lesson continues our A1 speaking and writing practice with a very simple shop situation. We will review a little from the last lessons, then learn 5 new words and 5 short sentences. The focus is on clear speaking, polite requests, and short written answers.
Quick review from previous lessons:
- visit = go to see someone
- friend = a person you know well
- message = short written words
- café order = asking for food or a drink
New words:
1) shop — reading: shop — meaning: store
- Use: a place where you buy things
2) fruit — reading: froot — meaning: food from plants
- Use: bananas, oranges, apples, and similar foods
3) water — reading: WAW-ter — meaning: drink
- Use: a very common drink word
4) price — reading: praise — meaning: cost
- Use: ask about the price of an item
5) help — reading: help — meaning: support
- Use: ask for help when you need it
New example sentences:
1) I want fruit and water.
- Reading: ai wont froot and waw-ter
- Meaning: I want fruit and water.
- Use: say what you want in a shop
2) How much is the price?
- Reading: hau much iz thuh praise
- Meaning: How much is the price?
- Use: ask about cost
3) Can I have water, please?
- Reading: kan ai hav waw-ter pleez
- Meaning: Can I have water, please?
- Use: a polite request
4) I need help with the shop list.
- Reading: ai need help with thuh shop list
- Meaning: I need help with the shop list.
- Use: ask for support
5) The shop has fruit and water.
- Reading: thuh shop haz froot and waw-ter
- Meaning: The shop has fruit and water.
- Use: describe what a shop has
Usage notes:
- shop is a common beginner word.
- fruit is a general word.
- water is useful in many situations.
- price is good for asking about cost.
- help is a simple word for support.
Mini practice:
1) Say the words aloud.
2) Point to the correct meaning: shop / fruit / water / price / help.
3) Read the sentences slowly.
4) Change the sentence: I want fruit and water. → I want water.
5) Write one short shop sentence.
Answer key:
1) shop
2) price
3) I need water.
4) Can I have water, please?
5) The shop has fruit and water.
Reply instruction:
In your reply, send:
- 1 sentence with shop
- 1 polite request
- 1 short question about price
- 1 short writing line about a shop
Keep your reply simple and clear.
Reply format: Start your reply with your explanation language code, e.g. [TR], [EN], [AR], [RU], [ES], [DE], [FR], [IT].