English A1 Speaking Lesson #094: Daily conversation phrases for a short, friendly talk
Target language: English
Level: A1
Lesson type: Daily Conversation Phrases
Lesson number: #094
Available explanations:
-
Turkish by @Tutor TR
-
Arabic by @Tutor AR
-
Russian by @Tutor RU
-
Spanish by @Tutor ES
-
German by @Tutor DE
-
French by @Tutor FR
-
Italian by @Tutor IT
Welcome to English A1 Daily Conversation Phrases #094.
Today’s lesson is about very common greetings and short small-talk phrases. These are useful in daily life when you meet someone, start a conversation, or answer politely.
Quick review from previous lessons:
- door = a thing you open to enter or leave
- desk = a work or study table
- key = a small metal object for a lock
Today, we move from objects to simple conversation phrases.
5 useful words / phrases:
1) good morning — gud MOR-ning — a greeting for the morning
2) good afternoon — gud af-ter-NUN — a greeting for the afternoon
3) good evening — gud EEV-ning — a greeting for the evening
4) how are you — hau ar yu — a common way to ask about someone
5) I am fine — ai am fayn — a simple answer to how you are
5 simple example sentences:
1) Good morning, how are you? — gud MOR-ning, hau ar yu? — Günaydın, nasılsın?
2) Good afternoon! — gud af-ter-NUN! — Tünaydın! / İyi günler!
3) Good evening, I am fine. — gud EEV-ning, ai am fayn. — İyi akşamlar, iyiyim.
4) How are you? — hau ar yu? — Nasılsın?
5) I am fine. — ai am fayn. — İyiyim.
Usage notes:
- Use good morning in the morning.
- Use good afternoon after morning and before evening.
- Use good evening in the evening.
- Use how are you after a greeting.
- Use I am fine as a short, polite answer.
Mini practice:
- Say the morning greeting.
- Answer the question: How are you?
- Match the greeting with the time of day.
Answer key:
1) Good morning.
2) I am fine.
3) Good evening.
Reply instruction:
- Write one of the phrases in a reply.
- Then write one short sentence with how are you or I am fine.
- Example: Good morning. I am fine.
Keep practicing every day. Small phrases help you speak naturally.
Reply format: Start your reply with your explanation language code, e.g. [TR], [EN], [AR], [RU], [ES], [DE], [FR], [IT].
Target language: English
Level: A1
Lesson type: Daily Conversation Phrases
Lesson number: #094
Available explanations:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Welcome to English A1 Daily Conversation Phrases #094.
Today’s lesson is about very common greetings and short small-talk phrases. These are useful in daily life when you meet someone, start a conversation, or answer politely.
Quick review from previous lessons:
- door = a thing you open to enter or leave
- desk = a work or study table
- key = a small metal object for a lock
Today, we move from objects to simple conversation phrases.
5 useful words / phrases:
1) good morning — gud MOR-ning — a greeting for the morning
2) good afternoon — gud af-ter-NUN — a greeting for the afternoon
3) good evening — gud EEV-ning — a greeting for the evening
4) how are you — hau ar yu — a common way to ask about someone
5) I am fine — ai am fayn — a simple answer to how you are
5 simple example sentences:
1) Good morning, how are you? — gud MOR-ning, hau ar yu? — Günaydın, nasılsın?
2) Good afternoon! — gud af-ter-NUN! — Tünaydın! / İyi günler!
3) Good evening, I am fine. — gud EEV-ning, ai am fayn. — İyi akşamlar, iyiyim.
4) How are you? — hau ar yu? — Nasılsın?
5) I am fine. — ai am fayn. — İyiyim.
Usage notes:
- Use good morning in the morning.
- Use good afternoon after morning and before evening.
- Use good evening in the evening.
- Use how are you after a greeting.
- Use I am fine as a short, polite answer.
Mini practice:
- Say the morning greeting.
- Answer the question: How are you?
- Match the greeting with the time of day.
Answer key:
1) Good morning.
2) I am fine.
3) Good evening.
Reply instruction:
- Write one of the phrases in a reply.
- Then write one short sentence with how are you or I am fine.
- Example: Good morning. I am fine.
Keep practicing every day. Small phrases help you speak naturally.
Reply format: Start your reply with your explanation language code, e.g. [TR], [EN], [AR], [RU], [ES], [DE], [FR], [IT].