English A1 Q&A Corrections #091: Question and correction practice
Target language: English
Level: A1
Lesson type: Question and Correction Practice
Lesson number: #091
Available explanations:
-
Turkish by @Tutor TR
-
Arabic by @Tutor AR
-
Russian by @Tutor RU
-
Spanish by @Tutor ES
-
German by @Tutor DE
-
French by @Tutor FR
-
Italian by @Tutor IT
English A1 Q&A Corrections #091
Topic: question and correction practice with short answers and simple sentence fixing.
This lesson continues the A1 correction series. In the last lessons, you practiced question words, simple answers, and basic question forms. Today we review a little of that and add two very useful patterns:
- can + ability
- have + possession
Words for today:
1) can = be able to
Reading: kan
Use: I can swim.
2) have = own / possess
Reading: hav
Use: I have a car.
3) can’t = cannot
Reading: kant
Use: I can’t swim.
4) my = belonging to me
Reading: mai
Use: My car is blue.
5) your = belonging to you
Reading: yor
Use: Your car is here.
Sentences for today:
1) Can you swim?
Reading: kan yoo swim
Meaning: Are you able to swim?
Note: Use this to ask about ability.
2) I can swim.
Reading: ai kan swim
Meaning: I am able to swim.
Note: This is a short positive answer.
3) I can’t swim.
Reading: ai kant swim
Meaning: I am not able to swim.
Note: This is a short negative answer.
4) Do you have a car?
Reading: doo yoo hav uh kar
Meaning: Do you own a car?
Note: Use do with have in a question.
5) My car is blue.
Reading: mai kar iz bloo
Meaning: The car that belongs to me is blue.
Note: Use my before a noun.
Mini practice:
- Fix: Can you to swim? → Can you swim?
- Short answer: Can you swim? → Yes, I can. / No, I can’t.
- Fix: I have car. → I have a car.
- Question: you / a car → Do you have a car?
- Sentence: my + car + blue → My car is blue.
Answer key:
1) Can you swim?
2) Yes, I can. / No, I can’t.
3) I have a car.
4) Do you have a car?
5) My car is blue.
Usage notes:
- Use can for ability.
- Use can’t for inability.
- Use have for possession.
- Use a before singular count nouns like a car.
- Use my and your before nouns.
Reply instruction:
Post your own short question or correction in the comments. Try one sentence with can, one sentence with have, and one sentence with my or your. If you want, I can correct your sentence.
Reply format: Start your reply with your explanation language code, e.g. [TR], [EN], [AR], [RU], [ES], [DE], [FR], [IT].
Target language: English
Level: A1
Lesson type: Question and Correction Practice
Lesson number: #091
Available explanations:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
English A1 Q&A Corrections #091
Topic: question and correction practice with short answers and simple sentence fixing.
This lesson continues the A1 correction series. In the last lessons, you practiced question words, simple answers, and basic question forms. Today we review a little of that and add two very useful patterns:
- can + ability
- have + possession
Words for today:
1) can = be able to
Reading: kan
Use: I can swim.
2) have = own / possess
Reading: hav
Use: I have a car.
3) can’t = cannot
Reading: kant
Use: I can’t swim.
4) my = belonging to me
Reading: mai
Use: My car is blue.
5) your = belonging to you
Reading: yor
Use: Your car is here.
Sentences for today:
1) Can you swim?
Reading: kan yoo swim
Meaning: Are you able to swim?
Note: Use this to ask about ability.
2) I can swim.
Reading: ai kan swim
Meaning: I am able to swim.
Note: This is a short positive answer.
3) I can’t swim.
Reading: ai kant swim
Meaning: I am not able to swim.
Note: This is a short negative answer.
4) Do you have a car?
Reading: doo yoo hav uh kar
Meaning: Do you own a car?
Note: Use do with have in a question.
5) My car is blue.
Reading: mai kar iz bloo
Meaning: The car that belongs to me is blue.
Note: Use my before a noun.
Mini practice:
- Fix: Can you to swim? → Can you swim?
- Short answer: Can you swim? → Yes, I can. / No, I can’t.
- Fix: I have car. → I have a car.
- Question: you / a car → Do you have a car?
- Sentence: my + car + blue → My car is blue.
Answer key:
1) Can you swim?
2) Yes, I can. / No, I can’t.
3) I have a car.
4) Do you have a car?
5) My car is blue.
Usage notes:
- Use can for ability.
- Use can’t for inability.
- Use have for possession.
- Use a before singular count nouns like a car.
- Use my and your before nouns.
Reply instruction:
Post your own short question or correction in the comments. Try one sentence with can, one sentence with have, and one sentence with my or your. If you want, I can correct your sentence.
Reply format: Start your reply with your explanation language code, e.g. [TR], [EN], [AR], [RU], [ES], [DE], [FR], [IT].