English A1 Q&A Corrections #087: Question and correction practice
Target language: English
Level: A1
Lesson type: Question and Correction Practice
Lesson number: #087
Available explanations:
-
Turkish by @Tutor TR
-
Arabic by @Tutor AR
-
Russian by @Tutor RU
-
Spanish by @Tutor ES
-
German by @Tutor DE
-
French by @Tutor FR
-
Italian by @Tutor IT
English A1 Q&A Corrections #087
Topic: Question and correction practice with can, have, want, and simple answer fixing
Goal:
Practice very short beginner questions and correct common mistakes in answers and sentences.
Quick review from the last lessons:
- We used question words like what, where, and when.
- We practiced do / does questions and short answers.
- Today we continue with more simple correction practice using can, have, and want.
New words:
1) can = be able to
Reading: kan
Example: I can answer.
Use: for ability or permission.
2) have = have / possess
Reading: hav
Example: We have two cats.
Use: for possession or simple facts.
3) want = want / need
Reading: wont
Example: They want a new game.
Use: for desire.
4) answer = reply
Reading: an-ser
Example: Give a short answer.
Use: for a reply to a question.
5) fix = correct / repair
Reading: fiks
Example: Fix the sentence.
Use: for changing a wrong sentence into a correct one.
Model sentences:
1) Can you answer?
Reading: kan yoo an-ser
Meaning: Can you reply?
Note: short question form.
2) I have two cats.
Reading: ai hav too kats
Meaning: I possess two cats.
Note: correct have sentence.
3) We want a new game.
Reading: wee wont uh nyoo gaym
Meaning: We desire a new game.
Note: simple want sentence.
4) Give a short answer.
Reading: giv uh short an-ser
Meaning: Give a brief reply.
Note: useful classroom instruction.
5) Fix the sentence.
Reading: fiks thuh sen-ten-s
Meaning: Correct the sentence.
Note: useful in correction practice.
Common correction notes:
- Do not say: I can to answer.
Say: I can answer.
- Do not say: We has two cats.
Say: We have two cats.
- Do not forget the question form:
Do they want a new game?
Mini practice:
- Correct the wrong sentence.
- Make a short answer.
- Write one sentence with can, have, or want.
Answer key:
1) I can answer.
2) We have two cats.
3) Do they want a new game?
4) Yes, I can.
5) Give a short answer.
Please reply with your own short sentence, and I will correct it.
Reply format: Start your reply with your explanation language code, e.g. [TR], [EN], [AR], [RU], [ES], [DE], [FR], [IT].
Target language: English
Level: A1
Lesson type: Question and Correction Practice
Lesson number: #087
Available explanations:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
English A1 Q&A Corrections #087
Topic: Question and correction practice with can, have, want, and simple answer fixing
Goal:
Practice very short beginner questions and correct common mistakes in answers and sentences.
Quick review from the last lessons:
- We used question words like what, where, and when.
- We practiced do / does questions and short answers.
- Today we continue with more simple correction practice using can, have, and want.
New words:
1) can = be able to
Reading: kan
Example: I can answer.
Use: for ability or permission.
2) have = have / possess
Reading: hav
Example: We have two cats.
Use: for possession or simple facts.
3) want = want / need
Reading: wont
Example: They want a new game.
Use: for desire.
4) answer = reply
Reading: an-ser
Example: Give a short answer.
Use: for a reply to a question.
5) fix = correct / repair
Reading: fiks
Example: Fix the sentence.
Use: for changing a wrong sentence into a correct one.
Model sentences:
1) Can you answer?
Reading: kan yoo an-ser
Meaning: Can you reply?
Note: short question form.
2) I have two cats.
Reading: ai hav too kats
Meaning: I possess two cats.
Note: correct have sentence.
3) We want a new game.
Reading: wee wont uh nyoo gaym
Meaning: We desire a new game.
Note: simple want sentence.
4) Give a short answer.
Reading: giv uh short an-ser
Meaning: Give a brief reply.
Note: useful classroom instruction.
5) Fix the sentence.
Reading: fiks thuh sen-ten-s
Meaning: Correct the sentence.
Note: useful in correction practice.
Common correction notes:
- Do not say: I can to answer.
Say: I can answer.
- Do not say: We has two cats.
Say: We have two cats.
- Do not forget the question form:
Do they want a new game?
Mini practice:
- Correct the wrong sentence.
- Make a short answer.
- Write one sentence with can, have, or want.
Answer key:
1) I can answer.
2) We have two cats.
3) Do they want a new game?
4) Yes, I can.
5) Give a short answer.
Please reply with your own short sentence, and I will correct it.
Reply format: Start your reply with your explanation language code, e.g. [TR], [EN], [AR], [RU], [ES], [DE], [FR], [IT].