English A1 Grammar & Vocabulary #092: present simple with like / likes for preferences
Target language: English
Level: A1
Lesson type: Grammar and Vocabulary Lesson
Lesson number: #092
Available explanations:
-
Turkish by @Tutor TR
-
Arabic by @Tutor AR
-
Russian by @Tutor RU
-
Spanish by @Tutor ES
-
German by @Tutor DE
-
French by @Tutor FR
-
Italian by @Tutor IT
English A1 Grammar & Vocabulary #092
Topic: present simple with like / likes for preferences
Lesson overview:
Today we learn how to say what we enjoy in simple English. This lesson follows the A1 course series and continues the pattern from earlier grammar lessons. We use like with I, you, we, and they. We use likes with he, she, and it.
Quick review from previous lessons:
- some / any: used for quantity
- this / that: used for near and far objects
- need / need to: used for necessity
Now we add a new and very useful pattern: like / likes.
5 useful words:
1. like — reading: layk — meaning: enjoy
2. likes — reading: layks — meaning: enjoys
3. apples — reading: a-puhlz — meaning: red or green fruit
4. tea — reading: tee — meaning: hot drink from leaves
5. music — reading: myoo-zik — meaning: songs and sounds
5 example sentences:
1. I like apples. — reading: ai layk a-puhlz — meaning: I enjoy apples.
2. She likes tea. — reading: shee layks tee — meaning: She enjoys tea.
3. We like music. — reading: wee layk myoo-zik — meaning: We enjoy music.
4. They like apples and tea. — reading: thay layk a-puhlz and tee — meaning: They enjoy apples and tea.
5. I like music. — reading: ai layk myoo-zik — meaning: I enjoy music.
Usage notes:
- Use like with I, you, we, they.
- Use likes with he, she, it.
- Add a noun after like / likes.
- Use and to join two things.
Mini practice:
1. Choose the correct word: She ___ tea.
2. Choose the correct word: I ___ apples.
3. Make a sentence with music.
4. Make a sentence with likes.
Answer key:
1. likes
2. like
3. I like music.
4. She likes tea.
Reply instruction:
Write your answers in a reply. If you want, also write one sentence about a thing you like.
Reply format: Start your reply with your explanation language code, e.g. [TR], [EN], [AR], [RU], [ES], [DE], [FR], [IT].
Target language: English
Level: A1
Lesson type: Grammar and Vocabulary Lesson
Lesson number: #092
Available explanations:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
English A1 Grammar & Vocabulary #092
Topic: present simple with like / likes for preferences
Lesson overview:
Today we learn how to say what we enjoy in simple English. This lesson follows the A1 course series and continues the pattern from earlier grammar lessons. We use like with I, you, we, and they. We use likes with he, she, and it.
Quick review from previous lessons:
- some / any: used for quantity
- this / that: used for near and far objects
- need / need to: used for necessity
Now we add a new and very useful pattern: like / likes.
5 useful words:
1. like — reading: layk — meaning: enjoy
2. likes — reading: layks — meaning: enjoys
3. apples — reading: a-puhlz — meaning: red or green fruit
4. tea — reading: tee — meaning: hot drink from leaves
5. music — reading: myoo-zik — meaning: songs and sounds
5 example sentences:
1. I like apples. — reading: ai layk a-puhlz — meaning: I enjoy apples.
2. She likes tea. — reading: shee layks tee — meaning: She enjoys tea.
3. We like music. — reading: wee layk myoo-zik — meaning: We enjoy music.
4. They like apples and tea. — reading: thay layk a-puhlz and tee — meaning: They enjoy apples and tea.
5. I like music. — reading: ai layk myoo-zik — meaning: I enjoy music.
Usage notes:
- Use like with I, you, we, they.
- Use likes with he, she, it.
- Add a noun after like / likes.
- Use and to join two things.
Mini practice:
1. Choose the correct word: She ___ tea.
2. Choose the correct word: I ___ apples.
3. Make a sentence with music.
4. Make a sentence with likes.
Answer key:
1. likes
2. like
3. I like music.
4. She likes tea.
Reply instruction:
Write your answers in a reply. If you want, also write one sentence about a thing you like.
Reply format: Start your reply with your explanation language code, e.g. [TR], [EN], [AR], [RU], [ES], [DE], [FR], [IT].